I was looking at my college calender a while back & just saw that I have holidays in May & June. I always knew that I have holidays in May, but the moment I saw it – engines in my brain throttled up! Plans, plans, plans…
Idea: Backpacking India like a tourist – Explore & work at the same time. Like a Digital Nomad. Fun! Target: Explore a minimum of 10 states – mostly visit villages. Time: 15-20 days Budget: Very tight. Remember – Backpacking! Note:
- Say no to Flights – Only trains (preferably sleeper class – you are more likely to get talking with the fellow passengers in this class, than in 3-tier A.C.)
- Don’t miss on tractor rides in village farms. They have a different charm.
- Try to stay in homes of villagers.
- Make a mark in their life – do something remarkable for them!
- Food – eat their staple diet. (I can still choose to be vegetarian)
- Work during travel. Plan your day accordingly so that you can steal out some time to work.
- Blog every day – tough one!
- Click Pictures – lots of them.
- Carry only one backpack – no frills packing!
I want to do this very badly. Let’s see I can work upon this one. I need to decide on the region I would like to cover. I have two choices in mind at the moment – up north around the Himalayas or down south. Both seem to adventurous and exciting!
Feedback/Suggestions/Ideas – please feel free to post in comments below. 🙂