My name is Umang Sonthalia and this is my blog. I share my thoughts and updates in no particular schedule. When I have something to say or share, I just share.
Here’s my story.
Umang is that guy from Andaman Islands who loved his islands so much that he built a business to get people to go to Andaman – Go2andaman.com. He has been helping small businesses with Digital Growth Marketing since 2008. He is husband to Snehal & also a wannabe aviator, currently based in Bangalore – India, and Port Blair – Andaman Islands – India.
- 1993: Born in Bihar, India – Schooled in various parts of India
- 2003: Parents decide to move to the Andaman Islands, India
- 2011: Started Go2andaman – then a travel information blog.
- 2012: Co-founded Mad Over Marketing back in College – Curated Marketing Inspiration Platform.
- 2013: Finished Graduation from St. Xavier’s College, Kolkata; met my now-wife there (Snehal)
- 2013: Joined family business – restaurant & food service; restructuring it from a family run to professionally managed business.
- 2014: Took up Go2andaman full time & moved to Bangalore
- 2016: Launched Online Marketplace on Go2andaman.com
- 2018: Attempted to build some technology based solution for travel industry, not been successful yet.